Employment Type: Full Time
Rivalry is a startup uniquely positioned to disrupt the archaic online gambling space. The founders and staff come from the gaming and esports scene and are now working their way into the betting world. This approach differs from a lot of operators who come from the betting world and see esports as an opportunity.
We pride ourselves on our endemic knowledge of the esports scene and aim to not just be the best esports betting site in the world, but much more. We are striving to have one of the most comprehensive offering and product innovations for both esports and traditional sports betting. These include the gamification of betting (your favorite RPG game meets betting), MMOGGs (massive multiple online gambling games), and some other top secret ideas in the works.
Rivalry exists to grow esports, support the people that make up the scene and make matches even more exciting to watch, while being committed to responsible gambling.
Currently, one of our big marketing focuses is the Philippines and as we keep growing at a fast pace here, our team needs to grow too. We are looking for an Esports Marketing and Partnership Specialist.
We feel it's important to be more than just a gambling site. We love the esports scene and want to continue to be a big part of it by providing exceptional content to fans through our site and other platforms.
As we continue to grow in the region, we will become more involved with influencers, teams, tournaments, gaming communities and more. The person we hire for this role will work with our other staff members to help setup and manage these deals.
In this role, you will be expected to:
This role is similar to project and people management, wherein you will be expected to be the main liaison for Rivalry, its staff, and Rivalry Partner influencers, streamers, KOLs, teams, etc, as well as keeping track of the schedule, deliverables and budget.This list below touches on what you will initially be expected to do. The esports and startup scene is constantly changing. What you're working on during your first month might dramatically change as priorities shift.
- Have an intimate understanding of the economics within the esports scene
- Scope and reach out to potential influencers, streamers, KOLs who meet Rivalry's criteria for representation
- Create proposals, setup and manage deals with influencers, streamers, KOLs
- Create exceptional strategies and unique promotions with our partners for user acquisition and retention
- Work with an internal content team to produce integrated activations with various marketing partners as well as internal Rivalry-branded content
- Manage the campaign and activations, ensuring that deliverables are successfully delivered within the given time frame
- Lead the process of campaign and activation implementation by ensuring communication between Rivalry and the Rivalry partner streamers, influencers, etc. are seamless
- Organization of documentation and performance tracking spreadsheets that illustrate where efforts are tracking against KPI's and budgets
- Create an organized summary of reports for submission and presentation
- Join in or present in Partner onboarding
- Point of contact and manage the day-to-day operations, concerns and executions of Rivalry Partner influencers, streamers, etc.
- Assist the Regional Lead in maintaining Partner relationships
- Work with colleagues and others to setup and run esports tournaments and broadcast
- Work with our customer service team to process KYC (know your customer) requests
- Work with colleagues to ensure proper translation and localization
- Work with colleagues to create strategies for Partner and community engagement
- Follow closely, with interest, the changing popularity of the competition, video game titles, esports teams, players, and content creators in the country
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Partner or Key Account Manager, Business Development, Project Coordinator or other relevant experience in Marketing or Customer Acquisition
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, negotiate, and present effectively to potential Rivalry partner influencers, streamers, etc.
- Excellent written communications skills - can write creative and compelling marketing/promotional copy in English and the local language
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment where when things go wrong you are able to remain calm and execute.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Solid experience in data gathering, research and analysis
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or relevant field
- PR agency experience is a plus!
- Flexible schedule to allow coordination and communication with colleagues in GMT+8 up to GMT-0 time zones.
- Experience in working remotely and being a driven, self-starter
- Able to commit fully to Rivalry; no side projects or other clients
- English and Tagalog fluency
This is a full time position. We will make sure your salary is adequate to support your lifestyle. You will also have the opportunity to earn equity so you too can benefit from the upside of a company you are helping to grow.
You can be located anywhere in the world but will be expected to have adequate availability and overlap with colleagues around the GMT+8 up through GMT-0 time zones. Living in the Philippines is a plus.If you feel nobody knows your country and the local esports and sports scene better than you, loves challenges and want to be a part of an incredible company that's positioned within the heart of one of the fastest growing industries, hit us up and let us know why you think you're the best possible fit.